- The plight of refugee children: deplorable facilities in the U.S.
- A year later, and we’re still monsters
- How 2017 Became an Absolutely Horrible Year
- A Gay Dad Sounds Off on the Day Donald Trump Ruined America
- She May Be a Trans Hero, But Don’t be Caught on an Ill-Fated Cruise Ship With Her – Here’s Why
Who We Are
Monthly Archives: December 2013
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt: The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 400,000 times in 2013. If it were an exhibit at … Continue reading
I recently made a friend, Michael, through the internet. He lives on the East Coast, in the “other” Portland. He’s a gay man who reached out after he saw my viral video. I keep noticing these interesting parallels in our … Continue reading
My sons, who I have had since they were babies, adopted from foster care, are both eleven years old. They both still believe in Santa Claus. I take full responsibility for this. One skill , that those of us who … Continue reading
A quote from the judge who ruled for marriage equality in Utah
There is a Dr. Seuss story about Christmas. You all know it. Frankly, it really is not my kids’ favorite. Who really wants to hear about a mean spirited goon who sweeps down upon a population pretending to BE Christmas, … Continue reading
A Dad Appeals to the Bishop Judging the Methodist Minister Who Married His Gay Son.