- The plight of refugee children: deplorable facilities in the U.S.
- A year later, and we’re still monsters
- How 2017 Became an Absolutely Horrible Year
- A Gay Dad Sounds Off on the Day Donald Trump Ruined America
- She May Be a Trans Hero, But Don’t be Caught on an Ill-Fated Cruise Ship With Her – Here’s Why
Who We Are
Tag Archives: political moment
Christie Whitman, Republican and former governor, points out a pivotal moment that could have been a game changer for Mitt Romney. It was the moment when Steve Snyder-Hill, a gay soldier, asked the dais of Republican candidates about Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. And the audience booed him. Steve became a symbol for something beyond the question he was asking. He became a soldier under attack from an audience that should have respected him.
According to Whitman… this was the moment that Romney could have stepped up and showed the country that he was the man for all the people of this country who love this country. That he recognized that to serve was to do something beyond political opinions.
Unfortunately, Romney is not such a man, and he has no such vision. He has four deferments and an instinct to duck.
That was the wrong time to duck.